This mantel was originally in the White House. White House staff purchased it as a gift for the Eisenhowers. It includes a plaque that reads: "In 1854 this mantel was installed in the White House and was in use there during the terms of five presidents, until 1873. Presented to the PRESIDENT AND MRS. EISENHOWER on their 38th wedding anniversary July 1, 1954 BY MEMBERS OF THE WHITE HOUSE STAFF."
Marble. Plaque: L 15.25, W 9.2 cm
Eisenhower National Historic Site, EISE 290.