Table of Contents
A Note on the Authors
Section 1. Reaching Out
Section 2. Preservation Vision 2000
Section 3. Reaching In
Sources in Public Participation
Public Participation Home
Preservation Planning Home
Disclaimer, Liability, & Ownership Notice
"Preservation Vision 2000"
Public Participation and the Maryland Plan
Public Opinion Questionnaire
MARYLAND HISTORICAL TRUST
PRESERVATION VISION 2000: THE MARYLAND PLAN
WORKSHOP PARTICIPANT QUESTIONNAIRE
- What types of issues within the field of historic preservation are of particular interest to you? (Check as many as appropriate)
|___individual landmark designations
|___historic district guidelines
||___general preservation policy
||___new development adjacent to landmark/district
|___protection of burial sites
||___archaeological site looting
|___land use policies
||___other (please specify)
- What types of resources are of particular interest to you? (Check as many as appropriate)
||___other (please specify)
- What three historical and/or cultural resources do you value most in your community? (Structures, objects, traditions, sites, etc.)
- Are there any important resources in your community that have been lost?
Which one would you most like to have held onto?
- How would you rate the level of preservation success your community has achieved?
- What actions could be taken to better serve your community’s historic and cultural preservation needs? (i.e., ordinances, outreach services, technical assistance, research) By whom?
- Based on today’s presentation, do you agree with the primary goals and objectives of the Maryland Historical Trust?
- Are you familiar with the 1986 Maryland Comprehensive Historic Preservation Plan?
- If yes, how would you rate the value of the Plan?
- Are there any preservation goals and objectives you feel are not adequately addressed in the current Comprehensive Plan? (Please use back of questionnaire if needed.)
- In terms of improving the effectiveness of historic and cultural preservation efforts, what suggestions would you have to supplement MHT’s current programs and services?
- Are you familiar with any of the publications of the Maryland Historic Trust?
If yes, please indicate which documents in the space below:
||___Other (please specify)
|___Preservation White Paper Series
- Have you attended any Maryland Historical Trust sponsored conferences or workshops?
If yes, please indicate which conference and/or workshop in the space below:
- Was the workshop you attended today valuable in terms of your understanding of MHT’s goals, objectives and the role of the Maryland Comprehensive Historic Preservation Plan?
- Did you feel you had an adequate opportunity to express your views at today’s workshop?
If no, please elaborate:
- What improvements could be used for future workshops or conferences? (i.e., length of session, speaker topics, participation methods, etc.)
- What primary interest do you represent today? (Please check one)
|___other (please specify)
- Please specify you place of residence. Please specify your place of work, if different.
|Number of Years at Residence:_____
- What type of jurisdiction do you typically work with? (Check as many as appropriate)
|___Local: city, town or village
The Maryland Historical Trust appreciates your participation in today’s preservation planning workshop and your viewpoints expressed in this questionnaire. If you have any further comments or questions regarding the Comprehensive Plan, please contact….[name and telephone number omitted].
[Return To Section 2 text]