Course Certificate through DOI Learn
NPS employees may receive credit for their review of the Nationwide Programmatic Agreement Toolkit through DOI Learn, the official online learning center of the U.S. Department of the Interior. Users must take a final assessment in DOI Learn to earn a certificate. In order to do this, you must apply for a username and password in DOI Learn and then register for the course. Review the contents of the PA Toolkit website first, then proceed to DOI Learn to take the assessment. Please follow the instructions and links below.
Before You Access DOI LEARN
You may need to make adjustments to your computer to optimize its performance while using the application.
- Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools, then click on Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, add the DOI LEARN URL (https://doilearn.doi.gov) to your Trusted Sites.
- Also on the Security tab, click on Custom Level. Scroll down and verify that Active Scripting is enabled.
- On the Privacy tab, move the Settings slide button to Medium. If you don't see a slide button, click on Default and the slide button will appear.
Public - Logon to DOI LEARN for the First Time
To apply for courses in DOI LEARN, an account must be created for you in the system. Please click on the "Public Catalog" link on the login page of DOI LEARN (https://doilearn.doi.gov). Search for "Nationwide Programmatic Agreement Toolkit." Once the course title appears, click on it. You will be shown the description of the course and related information. Next, click "Apply" and an account application form will appear. Please fill out the form as completely as you can and submit it. Your request will be processed by the Bureau Data Steward, who will create your account or request additional information. It may take one to two days to receive your account with a username and password.
DOI Employees - Logon to DOI LEARN for the First Time
Here are directions for DOI employees to follow after creating an account in DOI Learn.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to https://doilearn.doi.gov. In the logon dialog box, the default setting for "Turn on 508 Compliance?" is No. Users with visual or other impairments may select Yes to use the 508 compliant version of DOI LEARN. (To learn more about 508 compliance and web accessibility, visit http://www.section508.gov.)
- Logon with your pre-set User Name and Password. Your pre-set User Name will consist of your first initial, the first four characters of your last name, and your birth date in a MMDDYYYY format. For example: James Smith whose birthday is October 31, 1955 would use the following User Name: jsmit10311955 (The User Name is not case sensitive).
- Your pre-set password (first time logon only) is: !ChangeIT! (The password is case sensitive)
- Create a New Username.
- Your New Username must be unique because there are over 80,000 accounts in DOI LEARN.
- The system will not allow you to reuse the pre-set User Name that you used to log on, or create a New Username that contains blank spaces or non-alphanumeric characters (e.g., @, !, _).
- Enter your correct internet e-mail address.
- In the Supervisor's Last Name box, type in your supervisor's last name only and click Go. After the screen refreshes, click inside the Training Approval Official box, scroll down and select your supervisor.
- Create and confirm a new strong password (at least 8 characters; contains one special character [e.g., @ # $ %]; contains one number).
- Click the Log On button, read the Rules of Behavior, then click Accept Rules.
- If you are presented with a Security Alert dialog box, click Yes to move on.
Once you are logged into DOI Learn, search the course catalog for "Nationwide Programmatic Agreement Toolkit." Once the course title appears, click on it. You will be shown the description of the course and related information. Next, click "Register."
Taking the Final Assessment
Once you have a user name and password in DOI Learn and have registered for the course, and have read through the guidance of the PA Toolkit website, follow the prompts to take the final assessment. It is a series of 20 questions. As you proceed through the questions, you will be told if you have answered each question correctly or not. You need to answer 16 or 80% of the questions correctly to earn the certificate. If you do not score 80% the first time, you can take the final assessment over again.
Viewing, Downloading, and Printing Your Certificate
You may download and/or print your certificate by going to My Courses, then Online Courses. Find "Nationwide Programmatic Agreement Toolkit" and then click on "Completion Certificate." You may then download or print it.