Map 3. Troop Movements and Incidents, November 30,
1872 to January 15, 1873.
1. December 1, Captain Jackson established
headquarters at Crawley's. December 2, 36 Klamath Indian Volunteers
arrived at Crawley's.
2. December 2, Detachment from Troop B established
temporary camp at Applegate's ranch.
3. December 8, Captain Bernard with Troop G arrived
at Crawley's from Camp Bidwell.
4. December 11, Major Green assumed command of field
5. December 11, Captain Perry with Troop F and
Lieutenant Kyle with a detachment from Troop G arrived at Crawley's from
6. December 13, Captain Bernard with Troop G
established a camp at Land's ranch.
7. December 14, Captain Perry with Troop F on patrol
west of Tule Lake.
8. December 21, Lt. Colonel Wheaton assumed command
of field forces.
9. December 21, Major Mason with Companies B and C, 21st
Infantry, arrived at Crawley's from Fort Vancouver.
10. December 21, Modocs attacked wagon train from
Camp Bidwell. Lieutenant Kyle with Troop G, from Land's ranch,
counterattacked. Captain Jackson with Troop B marched from Crawley's to
Land's to reinforce Kyle.
11. January 1, Headquarters moved from Crawley's to
Van Brimmer's ranch.
12. January 5, Captain Kelly, Oregon Volunteers, with
a patrol from Company A, Oregon Volunteers marched to bluff overlooking
the Lava Beds. Exchanged fire with Modocs.