TABLE OF CONTENTS
View of the Gifford Farm and Scenic Drive, looking northwest, 1996. Unless otherwise noted, all photographs used in this report are credited to the National Park Service and are on file at Capitol Reef National Park, Torrey, Utah.
Overall Landscape Organization
A. Statement of Significance, Fruita Rural Historic District
B. Summary of Management Documents, Capitol Reef National Park. Compiled by Kathy McKoy, 1993
C. Wayne County Tax Assessor Records, Land Use and Domestic Livestock. Summaries compiled by Kathy McKoy, 1993
D. Fruita Deed Histories
E. List of Classified Structures
F. Fruita Rural Historic District Cultivated and Ornamental Trees and Shrubs. Documented by Juanita Lichthardt, October 30, 1985
G. Letter, Chas S. Peterson to Kathy McKoy, June 24, 1993
LIST OF MAPS
1. Capitol Reef National Park (prepared by Jennifer Norton, 1998)
2. Fruita Rural Historic District (prepared by J. Norton, 1998)
3. Fruita Township Map, 1896
4. Capitol Reef National Park, 1937
5. Fruita Circulation System, 1962 (fold-out map)
6. Fruita Irrigation System (prepared by Cathy Gilbert, 1992)
7. Fruita Rural Historic District fold-out map (prepared by Jennifer Norton, 1996)
Cathy A. Gilbert is Historical Landscape Architect for the National Park Service, Columbia Cascades Support Office, Pacific West Region in Seattle, Washington.
Kathleen L. McKoy is Historian for the National Park Service, Colorado Plateau Support Office, Intermountain Region, in Denver, Colorado.
Last Updated: 01-Apr-2003