The writing of this paper (in 1956, as a National Park Service "Area History") would not have been possible without Superintendent Albert T. Bicknell's past care in preserving early Monument records and his administrative and personal support of the project. References not available at the Monument were found in the National Archives by National Park Service Archeologist Albert H. Schroeder. Newspaper clippings were furnished by Joseph Miller of Phoenix. Spanish sources were seen at the Amerind Foundation through the courtesy of Director C. C. DiPeso.
Last Updated: 02-Nov-2009