United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| Glen Echo Park: Center for Education and Recreation relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 6: The Development of the Industrial United States (1870 to 1900)
- Standard 1B- The student understands the rapid growth of cities and how urban life changed.
- Standard 1D- The student understands the effects of rapid industrialization on the environment and the emergence of the first conservation movement.
- Standard 2C- The student understands how new cultural movements at different social levels affected American life.
Era 7: The Emergence of Modern America (1890 to 1930)
- Standard 3B- The student understands how a modern capitalist economy emerged in the 1920s.
- Standard 3C- The student understands how new cultural movements reflected and changed American society.
Era 9: Postwar United States (1945 to early 1970s)
- Standard 4A- The student understands the "Second Reconstruction" and its advancement of civil rights.