United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| The Liberty Bell: From Obscurity to Icon relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801 to 1861)
- Standard 3A- The student understands the changing character of American political life in "the age of the common man."
- Standard 4B- The student understands how Americans strived to reform society and create a distinct culture.
Era 6: The Development of the Industrial United States (1870 to 1900)
- Standard 2C- The student understands how new cultural movements at different social levels affected American life.
Era 7: The Emergence of Modern America (1890-1930)
- Standard 1B- The student understands Progressivism at the national level.
Era 9: Postwar United States (1945 to early 1970s)
- Standard 4A- The student understands the "Second Reconstruction" and its advancement of civil rights.