In Photo 1, Dan Tate (Bill Tate's brother) and a visitor to the Wrights' camp (right) help launch the 1901 glider.
Questions for Photos 1 and 2
1. How were the gliders launched?
2. What parts of each glider can you identify?
3. Based on the photos and Reading 2, what new feature was added to the glider in 1902? What was it designed to accomplish?
4. Does examining these photos of the gliders help you to better understand the Wright brothers' experiments? If so, how?
* The images on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Photo 1 & Photo 2, but be aware that each file will take as much as 25 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.