Jesse and Hulda Hoover are buried in the West Branch Cemetery.
Herbert Hoover's parents, Jesse and Hulda Hoover, are buried at the West Branch Municipal Cemetery on North Maple Street. To get there from the Visitor Center or Presidential Library-Museum:
- Turn left onto Parkside Drive.
- At the four-way stop, turn left onto Main Street.
- Go one block and turn right onto Downey Street.
- Take the first left onto Orange Street (a two–block distance).
- Go two blocks and turn right onto North Maple Street.
- Take the second left into the cemetery next to the sign that reads "Cemetery Closed at Dusk".
- Go straight west to the garbage bin, then turn left and park right away, before you pass the first tree (a cedar).
- Stand about 20 feet north of the tree and face toward the cemetery. Jesse's and Hulda's headstones are about 25 paces in.
Download a printable map and directions (PDF, 358 KB) »
President Hoover is buried alongside his wife in a memorial gravesite at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site.