National Park Fair: Kids Teaching Kids about our National Parks
- Grade Level:
- Third Grade
- Art, Conservation, Historic Preservation, Writing
- About 3 months
- Group Size:
- 60 or more
- National Parks, Classroom Project, Fair, Cooperative Learning
OverviewInspire students and their families to discover America's best idea: our national parks. Students research a national park and create a visitor center display with souvenir items to share with their classmates. This booklet is written for third grade teachers and their students but can be adapted for all grades. Classroom teacher and park ranger Kristen Bergren developed the activities as part of the Teacher to Ranger to Teacher Program.
- Learn what national parks are and how they preserve significant natural and historical places.
- Research and gather materials about a national park.
- Make an written, oral, and visual presentation about a national park.