Field Trip Program
Field Trip to Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum
Field trips to Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum include both indoor and outdoor activities:
- A one-hour tour of National Historic Site, including the Birthplace Cottage, Blacksmith Shop, Schoolhouse, and Friends Meetinghouse;
- A one-hour tour in the Presidential Library and Museum, including the Hoover Galleries and the temporary exhibit;
- A 30-minute film on the life of Herbert Hoover;
- A 15-minute visit to the Gravesite of President and Mrs. Hoover;
- A 15- minute visit to the museum gift shop;
- 45-minutes for lunch in one of the picnic shelters;
- A 30-minute self-guided walk of the tallgrass prairie trails.
Guided tours may be available as part of the field trip.
An interactive guide helps teachers plan and prepare for field trips. Download the guide (PDF file) »
Curriculum materials and suggested reading can help teachers and their classes make the most of a field trip. Be prepared: as you plan your visit find directions, operating hours, and other things to know before you come.
There is no charge to visit Herbert Hoover National Historic Site. Children on school field trips, their teachers, and a limited number of adult chaperones are admitted free of charge to the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum.
April, May, September, and October are the busiest months for field trips; please schedule early in the year to ensure your preferred date and time are available. Once your reservation is confirmed you will receive a confirmation package. Make a reservation »
For more information about the field trip and reservations, contact the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum.
- Grade Levels:
- Third Grade-Adult Education (general)
- Architecture, Business, Commerce and Industry, Entrepreneurs, Family Life, Historic Preservation, History, Landscapes, Leadership, Museum Studies, Philanthropy/Humanitarianism, Political Science, Religion, Social Studies, U.S. First Ladies, U.S. Presidents, Women's History
- Herbert Hoover, Lou Henry Hoover
- Field Trip Program