Do you have an interest in sharing the beauty and history of Harpers Ferry through virtual media? Are you savvy with new technology? If so, apply to become our next Social Media / Web Management Intern and use your technology and outreach skills to share and inspire public interaction with the stunning landscape, special events, and programs at Harpers Ferry National Historical Park!
- Have the ability to effectively use PCs, Macs, and handheld devices in order to access social media sites.
- Have experience using social media sites.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Be friendly, polite, respectful, and enjoy working with people.
- Be able to work independently.
- Be able to occasionally stand for a long period of time.
- Be reliable, punctual, and represent the National Park Service in a professional manner.
- Be able to follow direction and work as a team member.
- Assist Harpers Ferry National Historical Park in creating and managing social media (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube) and website content.
- Capture digital photographs or video, as assigned, to document park programming and scenery and to supplement the modern photo/video collection.
- Follow DOI, NPS, and Harpers Ferry NHP social media guidelines on usage and management.
- Agree that all photo/videos/social media content are property of the National Park Service; sign waiver to rights of all content created during the course of the internship.
- Work respectfully with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Contact for more information:
Phone: 304-535-2908 or email
Apply with resume, cover letter and three references. In the cover letter, please include the following:
Do you require housing?
Why do you want to intern at Harpers Ferry?
What are your goals/objectives?
Dates you would begin and end an internship.
Is this internship for school credit? If so, please include the following: the number of hours required by your school, the requirements of your school's internship program, your advisor's name and contact information.
Also, feel free to express yourself, your hopes, and expectations in the cover letter. If not selected for this internship, please indicate in your cover letter other park internships in which you may be interested.
Winter/Spring: 12 weeks. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by November 1st.
Summer: 12 weeks. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by March 1st.
Fall: 12 weeks. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by July 15th.