Park Areas That Are Closed
Please click on links below for more information
OSPREY CLOSURES ON THE MISSISSIPPI ISLANDS
· East Tip from the east end of the treeline to the east side of Arcturus Flats. Marking of this area is completed.
· Horseshoe Area, from the west end of Water's Pond the east side of the Horn Island Pier. This area is expected to be completed week of March 31.
· Ranger Lagoon, from 200 yards west side of the Horn Island Pier to the west end of the treeline at Ranger Lagoon. This area is expected to be completed week of March 31.
· Middle Ponds Area. This area is expected to be completed week of April 7th.
· Chimney Area, from the Chimney Site to the west end of the treeline. Posting is completed.
East Ship Island
· East end of the forest line west to the western most break in the trees. To be completed week of April 7th.
West Ship Island
· 300 yards around the Range Tower East of Fort Massachusetts. This area is currently delineated by red wire flags, signs will be installed shortly.
Did You Know?
Because of the tropical-like conditions, the U. S. Army established the Cat Island War Dog Training Camp in south Mississippi during World War II. A variety of dog breeds were trained to guard, deliver messages, and attack the enemy. Cat Island is part of Gulf Islands National Seashore.