• The Cathedral Group from the Teton Park Road

    Grand Teton

    National Park Wyoming

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • Seasonal road closures in effect

    Seasonal road closures are in effect for motorized vehicles. The Teton Park Road is closed from the Taggart Lake Trailhead to the Signal Mountain Lodge. The Moose-Wilson Road is closed from the Granite Canyon Trailhead to the Death Canyon Road. More »

  • Avalanche hazards exist in the park

    Avalanche hazards exist in the park, especially in mountain canyons and on exposed slopes. A daily avalanche forecast can be found at www.jhavalanche.org or by calling (307) 733-2664. More »

  • Bears emerging from hibernation

    Bears are beginning to emerge from hibernation. Travel in groups of three of more, make noise and carry bear spray. Visitors must stay at least 100 yards from bears. More »

Our Partners

Park partners help Grand Teton National Park accomplish a variety of projects, educate the public about park resources and provide services that could not be provided by park staff. In 2007, the Craig Thomas Discovery and Visitor Center opened in Moose. The National Park Service in partnership with the Grand Teton National Park Foundation and the Grand Teton Association funded construction of this visitor center. In 2011, the Grand Teton National Park Foundation funded a new auditorium added to the Craig Thomas Discovery and Visitor Center.

Park Partners Include:

Grand Teton National Park Foundation
Grand Teton Association
Teton Science Schools
The Murie Center
National Trust for Historic Preservation
Jackson Hole Wildlife Foundation
University of Wyoming NPS Research Station
Interagency Grizzly Bear Team
Rockefeller Senior Associates
Jenny Lake Rangers Fund

State and Federal Partners Include:

Teton County
Town of Jackson
US Forest Service
National Elk Refuge
State of Wyoming
Greater Yellowstone Coordinating Committee

 

Did You Know?

Tetons from Hurricane Pass, KF

Did you know that Grand Teton National Park was established in both 1929 and 1950? The original 1929 park protected the mountain peaks and the lakes near the base. The boundaries were later expanded in 1950 to include much of the adjacent valley floor.