Wash Family in Green Springs, 1833
[Richmond Enquirer, January 5, 1833:]
1. Western emigration]
LAND FOR SALE.—The subscriber offers for sale the tract of land on which he resides, lying in the Green Springs' neighborhood, on the waters of the South Anna River, and containing by estimation 950 acres.
A large portion of this land is first-rate low grounds, and being situated in one of the best neighborhoods in the State, offers great inducements to persons wishing to invest capital in that kind of property.
Intending to move to the West, the subscriber will sell a great bargain in the above land; one third of the purchase money being paid in cash, and the balance in two equal annual installments.
Letters, on the subject addressed to the subscriber, Newark P. O., Louisa, will be promptly attended to.
November 18 [, 1833]. 66—1af9t*
Did You Know?
Green Springs National Historic Landmark District is privately owned, includes no public facilities, but is visible from public highways. It sits astride Route 15 in Louisa County, Virginia.