Resource Roundup: Fall, 2009
Researchers explored new lands and finished sampling aquatic macroinvertebrates for the season this fall.
Click on each Resource Management Program to learn about their current projects.
- States & parks working together
- Changing ozone standards?
Cultural Resources & Archeology
- Sensing graves underground
- Cades Cove burning
- Communicating the value of prescribed fire
- Fish on the move
- Toxic fish in southeast streams?
Inventory & Monitoring
- Ginseng seized & restored
- Tapoco and Tallassee discoveries
- Invertebrate inventories
- Trees over the years
- Forest plots
- New fungi!
- Ash, sycamore, & butternut mapping
- Reorganizing Inventory & Monitoring
- A new way to nab non-native invasive plants
- Faster-acting help for healthier hemlocks
- Seed harvesting
- Are they here yet?
- Exotics control
- Pesticide persistence
- Restoring Chilogate
- Hungry or happy bears in the year to come?
- Nuisance bears
- Spray, don’t shoot
- In a rut
- Winging it: monarch tagging
Return to the Dispatches from the Field: Issue 5 main page.