Terrestrial Invertebrate Biodiversity Inventory (High School)
OverviewIn this lesson students will become familiar with the vocabulary associated with the site lesson. This unit is broken into three parts. This unit involves a trip to the park and is accompanied by a preparation activity and a wrap-up activity.
1) become familiar with the vocabulary associated with the invertebrate lesson
2) understand the biodiversity of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
3) recognize that many plants and animals in the park that live only in the Park are known as endemic species
4) learn of the threats that are effecting the plants and animals of the Park
5) learn about several terrestrial invertebrates that students may find during their field trip