Habitat Diversity - Grade 3 (Tennessee)
- biodiversity, habitats, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, food chain
OverviewHabitats are numerous and diverse within Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Animals and plants alike need habitats. Habitats will be defined and students will take time to seek out clues from animals sharing habitats.
This unit is broken into three parts. The overall unit involves a trip to the park and is accompanied by one preparation activity and two wrap-up activities.
1) To teach students about the food chain and how energy moves through a habitat.
2) Students learn about the components of different habitats
3) Students explore different human impacts to habitats
4) Students learn about the term biodiversity