Greenbelt Park trail system
Click for Greenbelt Park map with trail system.
Please help us preserve the park trails.
* All dogs must be on a leash and owners must pick up after their pet.
* No bikes or horses are allowed on the trails.
* The park closes at dusk so plan your trail walk or hike.
* Prepare for your hike- bring water, cell phone, and a trail map. Use tick and insect repellant.
* Please call the U.S. Park Police at 301-344-4250 for any emergency, need of ambulance or criminal activity.
*Please call our Park headquarters for any trail maintenance issues at 301-344-3948.
Be alert to changing climate conditions. Check the weather before hiking or walking on the trails. Do not hike under severe weather conditions such as thunderstorms, blizzards, or expected high wind conditions.
Perimeter trail 5.3 miles
Trail begins at the entrance of the park. There are different access points throughout the park.
Azalea Trail- 1.2 miles
Parking available in the Sweetgum Picnic area
Bathroom facilities and picnic area also available in the Sweetgum Picnic area.
Dogwood trail- 1.5 miles
Parking lot available along Park Central Road.
Blueberry trail- 0.8 miles
Limited parking available at the Ranger Station.
The brochures are available in the park at the Park Headquarters and Greenbelt Park Ranger Station.
Come enjoy the Dogwood Trail
Join the new Greenbelt Park Volunteer trail crew.
Volunteers are needed to join the Volunteer trail crew.
Volunteers will be working to improve the nine miles of trails.
Come volunteer and join the Greenbelt Park Volunteer Trail Crew. The trail crew works one day a month on a needed project in Greenbelt Park.