Grand Canyon Activities
- Grade Level:
- Third Grade-Seventh Grade
- Art, Conservation, Environment, Geology, Government, History, Science and Technology, Social Studies
- National/State Standards:
- National Parks, Grand Canyon, national park service, Colorado Plateau, Colorado River, Conservation, geography, natural resources, geology, Preservation
OverviewThe Grand Canyon Activities lesson plans introduce students to Grand Canyon, national parks, and geologic and human history.
BackgroundThese lessons are designed to give your students background information about Grand Canyon and the National Park System. They work well as pre- and post-field trip activities. However, if you are not attending a field trip to the park, most activities can be used independently in your classroom.
- Where is Grand Canyon?
- Create a Journal Cover
- Create a National Park
- Personal History Timeline
Learn about ranger-led field trips at Grand Canyon National Park.