Field Trip Program
Plan A Grand Canyon Field Trip
Ranger-led Field Trips at Grand Canyon.
Grand Canyon National Park provides the perfect outdoor setting to enhance classroom-based learning. Each spring and fall, the park's Environmental Education Branch offers 2.5-hour and 5-hour field trips for grades 3 through 12. During the programs, park rangers guide students through Grand Canyon geology, ecology, and human history. All field trips are curriculum-based and free of charge; most take place on the South Rim.
Learn more about ranger-led field trips in the 2013-2014 school year. (updated Aug. 8, 2013)
Download the field trip registration form for the 2013-2014 school year. (updated Aug. 8, 2013)
Visit Grand Canyon National Park's For Teachers Website for additional information about all our curriculum-based programs.
- Grade Levels:
- Third Grade-Twelfth Grade
- American Indian History and Culture, Archaeology, Architecture, Biodiversity, Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants, Botany, Climate Change, Conservation, Earth Science, Ecology, Environment, Fire Ecology, Geology, History, Landscapes, Paleontology, Physical Fitness, Safety, Tectonics, Volcanoes, Wilderness, Wildlife Biology, Wildlife Management
- National/State Standards:
- National/State Standards: Varies
- biodiversity, biology, animals, Biology Animals, Biology Plants, ecology, environment, geology, paleontology, plate tectonics, earth science, hiking safety, hiking, Physical Fitness, wildlife, fossil, archaeology, historic structures, hands-on, rocks, geologic time, geologic layers, geologic forces, Conservation, stories, ancient, Ruins, American Indians, native americans, human history, pioneer, forest, desert, ecosystems