Institutes and Field Schools
During the Grand Inspiration summer expedition, high school youth discover the beauty of Grand Canyon while rafting the Colorado River. Park rangers, outdoor guides, and professional artists lead participants in writing, drawing, painting, photographing, and exploring the wild landscapes of the canyon. Youth finish the trip on the South Rim to assemble an exhibit of their work.
This program is managed by Grand Canyon Youth in partnership with Grand Canyon National Park.
- Call Now:
- Visit Now:
- Programs typically last 12 days and take place in summer.
- Grade Levels:
- Ninth Grade-Twelfth Grade
- American Indian History and Culture, Art, Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Geography, Geology, Landscapes, Language Arts, Poetry, Recreation / Leisure / Tourism, Science and Technology, Visual Arts, Wilderness, Writing
- Grand Canyon, Colorado River, summer camps, art, Photography, writing, teenagers, river rafting, hiking, science, community service, Conservation, outdoor recreation
- Institutes and Field Schools