• View of the Golden Gate Bridge, taken from the Marin Headlands, looking towards San Francisco at sunrise.

    Golden Gate

    National Recreation Area California

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • Tunnel Closure

    The Barry/Baker tunnel on Bunker Road will be closed for maintenance during the weeks of 6/2 and 6/9. The tunnel will be open on the weekends. Please use Conzelman Road instead. More »

  • Muir Beach Overlook closure

    The Muir Beach Overlook will be closed for Accessibility improvements and trail upgrades from June 2 through July 21. Alternate viewpoints are available along Highway 1 between there and Stinson Beach.

Temporary Food Event Permits - Park Partners

If a GGNRA Park Partner is planning to host an event involving food service for the public, the partner will be required to acquire Temporary food Permits for their event. In order to acquire these permits, the Park Partner or their park liasion will inform the GGNRA Public Health Officer of the event. Then, the Event Organizer should fill out the following application.

Event Organizer Application (PDF, 339KB)

Next, each food vendor contracted to serve at the event must fill out a Food Vendor Application based on their operation.

Food Vendor Application (PDF, 305KB)

Once all the Food Vendor Applications and Event Organizer Applications are completed, the organizer should submit them in one packet to the Public Health Officer for review. Applications can also be faxed to 415-561-4727 or sent in the regular mail to: GGNRA Public Health Officer, Fort Mason Bldg 201, San Francisco, CA 94123.

After the Public Health Officer has reviewed the applications, Event Organizers and Food Vendors will be notified via email if they have been approved or dismissed to participate in the event. Typically, Temporary Food Event Permits are granted at the event after vendors successfully pass food safety inspection. Permits are generally valid for the duration of the event only. Therefore, subsequent events require another application and inspection. Park Partners are currently charged only the application fee for each event. Inspection fees will be waived for Park Partners until further notice.


Here are some food safety resources to help prepare vendors for inspections:

FDA Food Code Requirements (PDF, 113KB)
Food Vendor Checklist (PDF, 25KB)
Sampling Guidelines (PDF, 58KB)


If you have any questions about the Temporary Food Event Permit process while working with a Park Partner please read Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 126KB) or contact the Public Health Officer at (415) 561-4743 or via email.

Did You Know?

Compact flourescent bulb

Replacing an incandescent light bulb with a compact fluorescent or LED bulb saves 100 pounds of carbon and $20 a year.