• View of the Golden Gate Bridge, taken from the Marin Headlands, looking towards San Francisco at sunrise.

    Golden Gate

    National Recreation Area California

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • Tunnel Closure

    The Barry/Baker tunnel on Bunker Road will be closed for maintenance during the weeks of 6/2 and 6/9. The tunnel will be open on the weekends. Please use Conzelman Road instead. More »

  • Muir Beach Overlook closure

    The Muir Beach Overlook will be closed for Accessibility improvements and trail upgrades from June 2 through July 21. Alternate viewpoints are available along Highway 1 between there and Stinson Beach.

Temporary Food Event Permits - Office of Special Park Uses

After you have been approved to host an event by the Golden Gate National Recreation Area's Office of Special Park Uses (OSPU), they will inform the Public Health Officer of your desire to serve food to the public. At that point, as the Event Organizer, you should fill out the following application.

Event Organizer Application (PDF, 289KB)

Next, each food vendor contracted to serve food at the event must complete the form below based on their operation.

Food Vendor Application (PDF, 248KB)

Once all the Food Vendor Applications and Event Organizer Applications are completed, they should be submitted in one packet to the Public Health Officer for review. Applications can also be faxed to 415-561-4727 or sent in the regular mail to: GGNRA Public Health Officer, Fort Mason, Building 201, San Francisco, CA 94123.

After the Public Health Officer has reviewed the applications, Event Organizers and Food Vendors will be notified via email or phone if they have been approved or dismissed to participate in the event. Typically, Temporary Food Event Permits are granted at the event after vendors successfully pass food safety inspection. Permits are generally valid for the duration of the event only. Therefore, subsequent events require another application and inspection.


Here are some food safety resources to help prepare vendors for inspections:

FDA Food Code Requirements (PDF, 113KB)
Food Vendor Checklist (PDF, 25KB)
Sampling Guidelines (PDF, 43KB)


If you have any questions about the Temporary Food Event Permit process while working with the Office of Special Park Uses please read Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 126KB) or contact the Public Health Officer at (415) 561-4743 or via email.

Did You Know?

Fossil radiolarian shells

The ornate skeletons of Radiolaria inspired the entrance design of the Paris World Exposition in 1900.