Mechanical Treatment Projects Tamalpais Valley
For information about the May 9th, 2004 fire near Tamalpais Valley see our Tam Fire Bulletin. For tips on how to protect your home from a wildland fire visit our Defensible Space page.
Information on this page concerns 2003 fire hazard reduction projects:
Please read our Hazardous Fuels Bulletin for general information concerning projects.
Three projects in Tamalpais Valley began Mid-August 2003 and accomplished the following goals:
- Improve emergency access along fire roads.
- Add emergency evacuation routes through improved fire roads.
- Improve defensible space around Tamalpais Valley homes.
- Improve habitat for the recovery of native species.
- Reduce over-all fuel loading to reduce the chance of catastrophic fire.
- Reduce vegetation that can carry fire into tree-crowns.
Click on a site for further details.