Launch at your own risk!
The public is asked to use extreme caution when using the public launch ramps at Lake Powell. The decrease in water levels has reduced the depth of water in these areas, creating shallow water on the ramps with steep drop-offs. More »
Highway 89 closed 25 miles south of Page
A road collapse south of Page has closed US-89 until further notice. US-89 is closed northbound at US-89A. In Page, US 89 is closed at the junction with State Route 98. Traffic is being detoured around closure utilizing 89T (Navajo 20). US-89A is open. More »
Quagga Mussel Monitoring Update
Find the latest on Invasive Mussel Monitoring news. Click on this link: More »
Lake Powell Mercury Consumption Advisory
Public Health, Environmental and Wildlife agencies from Utah and Arizona are jointly issuing a mercury fish advisory for striped bass in the southern portion of Lake Powell from Dangling Rope marina to the dam. Read more here: More »
Summer Operational Hours for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area 2012
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and its concessioners are expanding operational hours and opening facilities parkwide for the summer season.
Glen Canyon asks visitors to play it safe while in the park. Bring water, snacks, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen - and use them. Visitors on the water should wear life jackets. Cliff jumping is not recommended and illegal at 15' or greater. Boating after dark is discouraged due to sub-surface water hazards.
Boaters are reminded that all vessels launching on Lake Powell are required to be certified zebra and quagga mussel free prior to launching. Violators face mandatory court appearance and up to a $5000.00 fine or six months in jail.
Anyone hiking or driving in areas prone to flash floods should take caution during the upcoming monsoon. Rain and gray skies could lead to flash floods in washes and slot canyons. Check road conditions before driving on graded and dirt roads as they may become impassible when wet.
- Wahweap & Stateline May 1, 5am - 8pm MST
- Antelope Point May 6, 7:00am - 7:00pm MST
- Lone Rock May 1, Motorized launching allowed only when fee booth is open
- Bullfrog May 1, 6am - 9pm MDT
- Stanton Creek Launching trailered watercraft prohibited year-round
- Hall's Crossing May 1, 7am - 5pm MDT, no self-certification
- Hite Self-certification not available when authorized inspector available
Dangling Rope: Hours are MST
- All services except snack bar Open, 8am - 5pm
- Snack bar May 24, 9am - 5pm
Antelope Point Marina
- Ja' di To'oh Restaurant Open, 11am - 9pm MST
Wahweap: Hours are MST
- Java City Open, 7am - 3pm
- Rainbow Room Restaurant Open, 6am - 10am and 5pm - 9pm
May 24, also open 11am - 2pm for lunch
- Driftwood Lounge Open, 11am - 10pm
- Wahweap Grille May 17, 11am - 10pm
- Campground & Marina Stores Open, 8am - 5pm
- Stateline & Wahweap Fuel Docks Open, 8am - 5pm
- Sinclair Station Open, 8am - 5pm
Bullfrog: Hours are MDT
- Defiance House Lodge Open 24 hours
- RV & Campground Open
- Upper and Lower Gift Shops Open, 8am - 5pm
- Dock n Stock & Boat n Go Open, 8am - 5pm
- Anasazi Restaurant Open, 7am - 9pm
- Kiva Lounge Open, 7am - 9pm
- Fuel Dock and Sinclair Station Open, 8am - 5pm
Hall's Crossing: Hours are MDT
- Village Store and Fuel Open, 8am - 5pm
- Marina Store and Snack Bar May 24, 8am - 7pm
- Fuel Dock Open, 8am - 5pm
- RV and Campground Open, 8am - 5pm
- Family Units Open, 8am -5pm
Hite: Hours are MDT
- Convenience Store and Fuel May 24, 8am - 5pm
- Lodging (Family Units) May 24, 8am - 5pm
- RV Campground May 24, 8am - 5pm
Colorado River Discovery
- ½ day raft trips Open, 7:30am and 1pm departures MST
- Carl Hayden Visitor Center May 25, 8am - 6pm MST
- Navajo Bridge Visitor Center Open, 9am -5pm MST
- Escalante Visitor Center Open, 8am - 4:30 MDT
For more information about Glen Canyon National Recreation Area or to plan your visit please go to our website, www.nps.gov/glca or call the Carl Hayden Visitor Center at 928-608-6404.
Did You Know?
Are you too close for comfort? Slow down and make no waves when 150 feet (46 m) from other vessels, people, or shore.