Launch at your own risk!
The public is asked to use extreme caution when using the public launch ramps at Lake Powell. The decrease in water levels has reduced the depth of water in these areas, creating shallow water on the ramps with steep drop-offs. More »
Highway 89 closed 25 miles south of Page
A road collapse south of Page has closed US-89 until further notice. US-89 is closed northbound at US-89A. In Page, US 89 is closed at the junction with State Route 98. Traffic is being detoured around closure utilizing 89T (Navajo 20). US-89A is open. More »
Quagga Mussel Monitoring Update
Find the latest on Invasive Mussel Monitoring news. Click on this link: More »
Lake Powell Mercury Consumption Advisory
Public Health, Environmental and Wildlife agencies from Utah and Arizona are jointly issuing a mercury fish advisory for striped bass in the southern portion of Lake Powell from Dangling Rope marina to the dam. Read more here: More »
Applications are now being accepted for Glen Canyon National Recreation Areas 2013 Artist-in-Park Program
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area is now accepting artist applications for three volunteer positions for its 2013 season. The Artist-in-Park Program continues a tradition of artistic expression in support of natural and cultural preservation in the National Park system. Participating artists spend four weeks working in the park contributing to the national conversation of preservation through their artistic medium.
Glen Canyon Artist-in-Park requirements:
· Applications must be received by February 15, 2012 to be considered.
· Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
· Applicants are required to submit a complete application packet.
· Artists are expected to work 120 hours, spread over a period of 30 consecutive calendar days.
· Artists must give at least one public presentation (45 minutes - 1 hour) during their time in the park.
· Within six months of completion of their time in the park, artists are required to donate to the park one piece of art they created during the program.
· The park will furnish the artist with the necessary supplies for their work up to a maximum of $250. All artists who successfully complete the program will receive a $200 honorarium from the Glen Canyon Natural History Association.
Please contact Cynthia Adams at 928-608-6405 or Cynthia_Adams@nps.gov, or visit www.nps.gov/glca/ supportyourpark/artist-in- park.htm for application information and to view previous artist biographies and work.
Please call 928-628-6404 or visit www.nps.gov/glca for more information about Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
Did You Know?
Personal watercraft are vessels. In Utah, you must be 18 years old to operate a personal watercraft alone (unless you comply with Utah personal watercraft operator conditions); in Arizona, you must be at least 12.