Launch at your own risk!
The public is asked to use extreme caution when using the public launch ramps at Lake Powell. The decrease in water levels has reduced the depth of water in these areas, creating shallow water on the ramps with steep drop-offs. More »
Highway 89 closed 25 miles south of Page
A road collapse south of Page has closed US-89 until further notice. US-89 is closed northbound at US-89A. In Page, US 89 is closed at the junction with State Route 98. Traffic is being detoured around closure utilizing 89T (Navajo 20). US-89A is open. More »
Quagga Mussel Monitoring Update
Find the latest on Invasive Mussel Monitoring news. Click on this link: More »
Lake Powell Mercury Consumption Advisory
Public Health, Environmental and Wildlife agencies from Utah and Arizona are jointly issuing a mercury fish advisory for striped bass in the southern portion of Lake Powell from Dangling Rope marina to the dam. Read more here: More »
2013 Spring Operational Hours for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and its concessioners are expanding operational hours and opening facilities parkwide for the spring season.
With the closure of Hwy 89, Colorado River Discovery has adapted the types and number of tours available on the Colorado River below the dam. Half-day and full-day tours will begin at the base of the dam. An additional tour will begin at Lees Ferry for a half-day run to the petroglyph panel and return to the Lees Ferry launch ramp.
Glen Canyon asks visitors to play it safe while in the park. Bring water, snacks, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen - and use them. Visitors on the water should wear life jackets. Cliff jumping is not recommended and illegal at 15' or greater. Boating after dark is discouraged due to sub-surface water hazards.
Boaters are reminded that all vessels launching on Lake Powell are required to be certified zebra mussel free prior to launching. Violators face mandatory court appearance and up to a $5000.00 fine or six months in jail.
______________________________ ______________________________ ____________
- Wahweap March 25, 6am - 6pm MST
May 1, 5am - 7pm MST
- Stateline Closed, will open in May, exact date to be announced
- Antelope Point March 25, 8am - 5pm MST
April 22, 7am - 6pm MST
May 20, 6:30am - 7pm MST
- Bullfrog March 25, 7am - 7pm MST
May 1, 6am - 8pm MDT
- Halls Crossing No change, 7am - 5pm MDT
- Hite No change, 7am - 5pm MDT
Floating Pump-outs Lakewide March 10, Open
Dangling Rope: Hours are MST
- All services except snack bar and pump-out March 1, 8am - 5pm
(No public trash or recycling available)
- Pump-out April 10, Open
Antelope Point Marina
- Ja' di To'oh Restaurant April 5, 11am - 9pm MST
Wahweap: Hours are MST
- Boat Rentals/Canyon Coffee/Store March 29, 8am - 5pm
- Rainbow Room Restaurant March 29, 6am - 10am and 5pm - 9pm
- Driftwood Lounge March 29, 11am - 10pm
- Stateline Fuel Dock March 29, 8am - 5pm
- Sinclair Station March 29, 8am - 5pm
- Oasis Pool and Spa March 29, 7am - 9pm
- Driftwood Pool March 29, 7am - 9pm
Bullfrog: Hours are MDT
- Defiance House Lodge March 29, Open 24 hours
- RV & Campground March 29, Open 24 hours
- Upper Gift Shop March 29, 8am - 5pm
- Dock n Stock March 29, 8am - 5pm
- Boat n Go March 29, 8am - 5pm
- Anasazi Restaurant March 29, 7am - 9pm
- Kiva Lounge March 29, 7am - 9pm
Halls Crossing: Hours are MDT
- Village Store and Fuel March 29, 8am - 5pm
- Marina Store and Snack Bar March 29, 8am - 5pm
- Fuel Dock March 29, 8am - 5pm
Hite: Hours are MDT
- Convenience Store and Fuel March 29, 11am - 2pm
- Lodging (Family Units) March 29, 11am - 2pm
- RV Campground March 29, 11am - 2pm
Colorado River Discovery
- ½ day raft trips March 1, Open
- Carl Hayden Visitor Center March 3, 8am - 5pm
- Navajo Bridge Interpretive March 5, 9am -5pm
____________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ______
For more information about Glen Canyon National Recreation Area or to plan your visit please go to our website, www.nps.gov/glca or call the Carl Hayden Visitor Center at 928-608-6404.
Did You Know?
Glen Canyon and Rainbow Bridge have a rich human history spanning over 10,000 years. Learn how you can help preserve it. More...