CLIFF DWELLINGS TOUR
approx. 2 hours
Objectives: At the end of the tour, students will be able to
- Describe what the Tularosa Mogollon people ate.
- List the animals the Mogollon hunted.
- List the foods they farmed and where they farmed them.
- List what they gathered in the area.
- Discuss how archeologists know what they know about the Cliff Dwellers.
- Analyze ways students can help preserve archeological sites.
- Discuss the importance of taking care of archeological sites.
This program is ideal (and benchmarked) for New Mexico classrooms grades 3 through 8.