Exhibit renovations at Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitor Center
Exhibits and the film are currently unavailable at the Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitor Center while we prepare the building for new exhibits. The information desk, bookstore, and restrooms are available.
Exhibit renovations at Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center
Exhibits are currently unavailable at the Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center, as we remove old exhibits and prepare the building for new exhibits in June 2014. The information desk, bookstore, and restrooms are available.
Virtual Tour of Wilderness Battlefield
The virtual tour consists of the eight stops on the driving tour of the Wilderness Battlefield, and additional sites, listed according to their relation to the timeline of the campaign. There are also links to learn more about the battle.
* Map of Virtual Tour Stops. Google maps shows the location and gives directions to the virtual tour stops.
* Grant's Headquarters, Tour Stop #1 on park driving tour
* Wilderness Battlefield Exhibit Shelter, Tour Stop #2 on park driving tour
* Saunders Field, Tour Stop #3 on driving park tour
* Higgerson Farm, Tour Stop #4 on park driving tour
* Chewning Farm, Tour Stop #5 on park driving tour
* Tapp Field, Tour Stop #6 on park driving tour
* Longstreet's Wounding, Tour Stop #7 on park driving tour
* Brock Road-Plank Road Intersection, Tour Stop #8 on park driving tour
* Photos of Wilderness Battlefield
* Photos of Wilderness Monuments
* Wilderness Battle-Summary of the battle
Did You Know?
Marye's Heights is what Civil War soldiers called the high ground immediately west of Fredericksburg. It would be more accurate to call it Willis Heights. The heights consisted of two hills where the Willis and Marye families lived prior to the war. Willis Hill is the larger of the two hills.