Chancellorsville Visitor Center Closed Beginning Dec. 23
The Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitor Center will be closed for renovation work until March 15, when we expect to open on a limited basis. The information desk, restrooms, and bookstore will open then, but exhibits will be closed as we install new.
Exhibit renovations at Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center
The Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center will be closed Friday, March 7, and exhibits will be unavailable as we work on dismantling existing exhibits and prepare for new. The bookstore will remain open.
Virtual Tour of Wilderness Battlefield
The virtual tour consists of the eight stops on the driving tour of the Wilderness Battlefield, and additional sites, listed according to their relation to the timeline of the campaign. There are also links to learn more about the battle.
* Map of Virtual Tour Stops. Google maps shows the location and gives directions to the virtual tour stops.
* Grant's Headquarters, Tour Stop #1 on park driving tour
* Wilderness Battlefield Exhibit Shelter, Tour Stop #2 on park driving tour
* Saunders Field, Tour Stop #3 on driving park tour
* Higgerson Farm, Tour Stop #4 on park driving tour
* Chewning Farm, Tour Stop #5 on park driving tour
* Tapp Field, Tour Stop #6 on park driving tour
* Longstreet's Wounding, Tour Stop #7 on park driving tour
* Brock Road-Plank Road Intersection, Tour Stop #8 on park driving tour
* Photos of Wilderness Battlefield
* Photos of Wilderness Monuments
* Wilderness Battle-Summary of the battle
Did You Know?
Cedar Mountain is the only battle in which "Stonewall" Jackson tried to raise his sword. However the sword had rusted in the scabbard and Jackson had to raise the scabbard with the sword inside it to rally his troops.