Chatham Exit Road Closed 9/2-9/5
The Chatham exit road will be closed from September 2-5, 2014 as part of the project to restore the historic viewshed from Chatham Manor. The road will be closed at all times. Please use the Chatham entrance road as a two-way road. More »
Civil War Battlefields in Virginia
Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park's location in central Virginia boasts close proximity to many less famous Civil War clashes. The Park has brochures that contain a narrative summary of these battles, directions to the battlefields, a suggested tour route of the battlefield and a map of the battlefield for the following battles:
* Cedar Mountain - August 9, 1862
* Kelly's Ford - Match 17, 1863
* Brandy Station - June 9, 1863
* Bristoe Station -October 14, 1863 (& Kettle Run, August 27, 1862)
* Rappahannock Station - November 7, 1863
* Mine Run Campaign - November 26 - December 1, 1863
* Todd's Tavern - May 7, 1864
* Yellow Tavern - May 11, 1864
* North Anna - May 23-26, 1864
* Battle of Trevilian Station -June 11-12, 1864
These folders are available in the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville visitor centers, Chatham Manor and the Jackson Shrine.
Did You Know?
Stonewall Jackson was wounded next to the modern Chancellorsville Visitor Center on May 2, 1863, but died eight days later of pneumonia in what is now called the Stonewall Jackson Shrine. More...