Exhibit renovations at Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitor Center
Exhibits and the film are currently unavailable at the Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitor Center while we prepare the building for new exhibits. The information desk, bookstore, and restrooms are available.
Exhibit renovations at Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center
Exhibits are currently unavailable at the Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center, as we remove old exhibits and prepare the building for new exhibits in June 2014. The information desk, bookstore, and restrooms are available.
Civil War Battlefields in Virginia
Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park's location in central Virginia boasts close proximity to many less famous Civil War clashes. The Park has brochures that contain a narrative summary of these battles, directions to the battlefields, a suggested tour route of the battlefield and a map of the battlefield for the following battles:
* Cedar Mountain - August 9, 1862
* Kelly's Ford - Match 17, 1863
* Brandy Station - June 9, 1863
* Bristoe Station -October 14, 1863 (& Kettle Run, August 27, 1862)
* Rappahannock Station - November 7, 1863
* Mine Run Campaign - November 26 - December 1, 1863
* Todd's Tavern - May 7, 1864
* Yellow Tavern - May 11, 1864
* North Anna - May 23-26, 1864
* Battle of Trevilian Station -June 11-12, 1864
These folders are available in the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville visitor centers, Chatham Manor and the Jackson Shrine.
Did You Know?
Cedar Mountain is the only battle in which "Stonewall" Jackson tried to raise his sword. However the sword had rusted in the scabbard and Jackson had to raise the scabbard with the sword inside it to rally his troops.