Chancellorsville Visitor Center Closed Beginning Dec. 23
The Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitor Center will be closed for renovation work until March 15, when we expect to open on a limited basis. The information desk, restrooms, and bookstore will open then, but exhibits will be closed as we install new.
Exhibit renovations at Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center
Exhibits are currently unavailable at the Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center, as we remove old exhibits and prepare the building for new exhibits in June 2014. The information desk, bookstore, and restrooms are available.
Civil War Battlefields in Virginia
Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park's location in central Virginia boasts close proximity to many less famous Civil War clashes. The Park has brochures that contain a narrative summary of these battles, directions to the battlefields, a suggested tour route of the battlefield and a map of the battlefield for the following battles:
* Cedar Mountain - August 9, 1862
* Kelly's Ford - Match 17, 1863
* Brandy Station - June 9, 1863
* Bristoe Station -October 14, 1863 (& Kettle Run, August 27, 1862)
* Rappahannock Station - November 7, 1863
* Mine Run Campaign - November 26 - December 1, 1863
* Todd's Tavern - May 7, 1864
* Yellow Tavern - May 11, 1864
* North Anna - May 23-26, 1864
* Battle of Trevilian Station -June 11-12, 1864
These folders are available in the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville visitor centers, Chatham Manor and the Jackson Shrine.
Did You Know?
There are five trails through the Chancellorsville Battlefield ranging in distance from a short walk around the visitor center to where Stonewall Jackson was shot to a 4 mile trail.