Civil War Battlefields in Virginia
Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park's location in central Virginia boasts close proximity to many less famous Civil War clashes. The Park has brochures that contain a narrative summary of these battles, directions to the battlefields, a suggested tour route of the battlefield and a map of the battlefield for the following battles:
* Cedar Mountain - August 9, 1862
* Kelly's Ford - Match 17, 1863
* Brandy Station - June 9, 1863
* Bristoe Station -October 14, 1863 (& Kettle Run, August 27, 1862)
* Rappahannock Station - November 7, 1863
* Mine Run Campaign - November 26 - December 1, 1863
* Todd's Tavern - May 7, 1864
* Yellow Tavern - May 11, 1864
* North Anna - May 23-26, 1864
* Battle of Trevilian Station -June 11-12, 1864
These folders are available in the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville visitor centers, Chatham Manor and the Jackson Shrine.
Did You Know?
While laying out the Chancellorsville History Trail, the park staff in places had to literally hack their way through a jungle of underbrush that resembled the Wilderness that the soldiers struggled through during the Battle of Chancellorsville.