On Lantern Tours, visitors carry their own lanterns throughout the fort.
Experience live theater and take a lantern-lit journey with a Park Ranger. Peek into the past with costumed interpreters performing historical vignettes of a night at Fort Vancouver. Learn about your urban national park then and now while walking through the Fort's buildings. Finish off your evening by sharing a cup of hot cider with the talented costume interpreters and park rangers!
Fort Vancouver Lantern Tours for 2014-2015
- Reservations Required - Call (360) 816-6232
Tours will be offered on the following Saturday evenings:
- October 11th & 25th
- November 8th & 22nd
- December 6th & 20th
- January 10th & 24th
- February 14th & 28th
Where: Fort Vancouver National Historic Site, 1001 E. 5th Street, Vancouver WA 98661
When: Tours start promptly at 7:00 pm. Gates open at 6:30 pm. Tours last 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Cost: $10 for ages 16 and over, $7 for all children under the age of 15 year>
Info and How to Reserve:
- Gates open at 6:30 pm, arrive no later than 6:45 pm to allow time to park, walk to the Fort, pay, and get oriented.
- The tour last approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Parking is at the Fort parking lot.
- Please follow the lantern-lit path only.
- Check in at the Contact Station.
- Dress for the weather.
- Only persons 10 years and older will carry lantern.
- Not recommended for children under 10
Call the Fort Vancouver Visitor Center at 360-816-6232.