Operating Hours & Seasons
To best accommodate our visitors and maximize available daylight, Fort Vancouver NHS has slightly different operating hours in winter and summer. These hours of operation coincide with the beginning and end of Daylight Saving Time (DST) each year.
Fort Vancouver National Historic Site is closed for
Thursday, November 26, 2015
2015-6 Winter Hours of Operation (November 1, 2015 to March 13, 2016)
- Facilities at Fort Vancouver NHS, including the reconstructed fort, Pearson Air Museum, and the Visitor Center, will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays, 9 am to 5 pm, and closed Sundays and Mondays.
- Park grounds will remain open seven days a week from dawn until dusk.
- The park's Administrative Headquarters, other park management offices located elsewhere on site, and library and museum collections will be open Monday through Friday by appointment during regular business hours.
- Permitted events and activities will continue throughout the national park, seven days a week, including popular venues such as the Historic Hangar at Pearson Air Museum, the bandstand on the Parade Ground, the Heritage Oak, and the trail to/from the Land Bridge.
- The park's McLoughlin House Unit in Oregon City, Oregon, is open Fridays and Saturdays from 10 am to 4 pm, through December 12, 2015. Please call (503) 656-5151 for more information. The annual winter closure for the McLoughlin House Unit will begin on Sunday December 13, 2015, with reopening in February 2016.
2015 Summer Hours of Operation (March 8, 2015 to October 31, 2015)
- The Visitor Center (temporarily relocated to Pearson Air Museum) and Pearson Air Museum are open Monday through Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm and 10 am to 5 pm on Sundays.
- The reconstructed fort is open Monday through Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm, and noon to 5 pm on Sundays. See Extended Hours below for evening special events.
- The park's McLoughlin House Unit is open Fridays and Saturdays from 10 am to 4 pm. Please call (503) 656-5151 for more information.
Each year, Fort Vancouver NHS and its managed facilities are open to the public except for the following days:
- November 26
- December 24, 25, 31
- January 1
Normal park operating hours change two calendar days each year for evening special events. On July 4, the park opens at noon and closes at 10:30 pm. On September 12, 2015, the park opens at 5 pm and closes at 10 pm for the annual Campfires & Candlelight
living history special event.