Operating Hours & Seasons
To best accommodate our visitors and maximize available daylight, Fort Vancouver NHS has slightly different operating hours in winter and summer. These hours of operation coincide with the beginning and end of Daylight Saving Time (DST) each year.
2015-6 Winter Hours of Operation (November 1, 2015 to March 13, 2016)
- Facilities at Fort Vancouver NHS, including the reconstructed fort, Pearson Air Museum, and the Visitor Center, will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays, 9 am to 5 pm, and closed Sundays and Mondays.
- Park grounds will remain open seven days a week from dawn until dusk.
- The park's Administrative Headquarters, other park management offices located elsewhere on site, and library and museum collections will be open Monday through Friday by appointment during regular business hours.
- Permitted events and activities will continue throughout the national park, seven days a week, including popular venues such as the Historic Hangar at Pearson Air Museum, the bandstand on the Parade Ground, the Heritage Oak, and the trail to/from the Land Bridge.
- The park's McLoughlin House Unit in Oregon City, Oregon, is currently closed for the winter season. The house will re-open on February 12, 2016. The house will be open Fridays and Saturdays from 10 am to 4 pm, through mid-December 2016. Please call (503) 656-5151 for more information.
Each year, Fort Vancouver NHS and its managed facilities are open to the public except for the following days:
- November 26
- December 24, 25, 31
- January 1