Park Safety & Stewardship
- Review Park Safety and Stewardship with your group prior to your visit.
- Cameras without flash may be used during designated photo opportunities.
- Tablets, phones, music players are prohibited during the field trip.
- Smoking of any type is not permitted inside the Fort or Pearson Air Museum
- Food, Beverages, and gum are not permitted inside the Fort or Pearson Air Museum
- Each chaperon should be assigned and be responsible for no more than seven children.
- Chaperones must be advised and understand their responsibilities prior to visit.
- Climbing the cannons, fencing, or trees is not permitted.
- Digging of any type is not permitted at For Vancouver National Historic Site.
- Children need to be accompanied by an adult when visiting the fort bastion (tower).
- Visitors must stay on designated paths at all times. Unless, otherwise guided by a Park Ranger.
- Many objects in and around Fort Vancouver Historic Site are irreplaceable. Please wait for your guide to instruct the group on what items can be handled.
- Running is not allowed in the Fort site, Pearson Air Museum, or Visitor Center.
It is important to review Parks Safety and Stewardship with students before your tour. Please print page and distribute to your students & chaperons.
Park Facilities and Grounds
- Buses and vehicles can park at the Fort Parking lot. Be aware of vehicles around you.
- Your guided tour will begin at the Fort site. Groups that arrive late will have their tour shorten accordingly and will end at scheduled time.
- Tours will be canceled for groups arriving more than 20 minutes after the scheduled time.
- Please allow time if you plan to visit or tour other facilities prior to your tour.
Visitor Center & Bookstore
- The Visitor Center 1501 E Evergreen, Vancouver WA 98661, (360) 816-6230.
- The Bookstore/Gift shop offers a variety of items. Many items are affordable for students.
- The movie "One Place Across Time" will show on demand in the newly remodeled theater.
- Bus and vehicles can park in the Visitor Center parking lot. Be aware of vehicles around you.
Picnic Shelter & Grounds
Pearson Air Museum
- The Picnic Shelter is available for use. Restroom access in the Visitor Center.
- The National Park Services promotes recycling. Please dispose of trash and recyclable items in appropriate the bins.
- Please clean-up after yourself, and remove all your belonging before leaving.
- Remember to wash or sanitize your hands.
- Learn about the aviation history of Vancouver Barracks.
- Explore the museum and exhibits.
- Vehicles can park in the Pearson parking lot or on street. Buses can park on street. Be aware of vehicles around you.
Teacher and Chaperone Information
Route Your Trip
Pearson Air Museum
Change of Reservation Request:
Please call (360) 816-6241 to cancel a reservations, and resubmit a new request at following link Reserving a Program and Availability Calendar.
To change or provide other details (e.g. ADA needs, change in students/adults attending), call (360) 816-6241 or email e-mail us.
Learning & Reading Materials