Pre-visit Teacher Backgrounder
- Grade Level:
- Kindergarten-Twelfth Grade
- Civil War, History, Science and Technology
- 10 minutes
- Group Size:
- Up to 36
- Civil War, savannah, Forts
OverviewStanding guard at the mouth of the Savannah River, Fort Pulaski was the gateway to Savannah. This document provides a quick overview of the fort's history and important role during the Civil War.
After reading the teacher backgrounder, the teacher will:
1) understand the basic history of Fort Pulaski.
2) be able to relate the story of Fort Pulaski to the students.
Background information is available in two formats: bullet format and timeline format.