The following pages will assist you with planning your visit for the Independence Day Celebration.
Directions - Find out where to view the fireworks and how to navigate your way to a suitable viewing area.
Fees & Reservations - The event is free. There is no admission fee to visit the park.
Things to Do - The fireworks are only part of the fun! Find out what else is going on for Independence Day!
Things to Know Before You Come - Health, Safety, and Preparation for visiting the National Mall and Memorial Parks on Independence Day.
Site Closures on July 4, 2014:
- Washington Monument is closed all day.
- World War II Memorial will close at 4:00 p.m. as part of the fireworks safety zone. Cleanup of the World War II Memorial will begin immediately following the fireworks show and the site will open as soon as the cleanup is complete.
- Access to Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial will be limited after 8:00 p.m. The Memorial will remain open, but the public will not be able to access the Memorial from Independence Ave. after 8 p.m. Access will be available from West Basin and Ohio Drives.
- Paddle boats at the Tidal Basin will not operate.
- Big Bus Tours and Martz will not operate on the Mall on July 4.
- East Potomac Golf Course will close at 3:30 p.m.
- East Potomac Tennis Center will close at 3:00 p.m.
- Road Closures