Fort Frederica can offer many programs, including:
- A 23 minute park film
- Museum area with artifacts
- Self guided explorations - with or without a complimentary audio tour
- Ranger guided tours (reservations required)
Programs are offered daily at 11:15 am & 2:15 pm, staff numbers permitting. Please call ahead for availability.
Please call: (912) 638-3639 on weekdays 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
The park requires reservations for school groups. Please contact us at least 30 days in advance of your visit.
- Reserved programs are made on a first-come basis.
- Large groups are split to accommodate theatre fire regulations.
- Groups without reservations will be admitted to the film as space permits.
We require chaperoning of youth groups. Please protect your national park through attentive supervision.
- No walking or climbing on the foundations.
- Artifacts should be left where found and reported a Park Ranger.
- No gum or food in the visitor center or historic site area.
Comfort & Safety
- Wear comfortable clothes and good walking shoes.
- Insect repellent is advisable.
- Check for ticks following a visit to the park.
- Restrooms are within the visitor center complex.
- Picnics: groups may blanket picnic (no tables) in the parking lot circle provided they clean their trash. Trash bags may be obtained at the visitor center.
- Bus parking spaces are marked. Overflow parking is on the far side of lot. Parked buses MUST turn off their engines to reduce noise and pollution.