Field Trip Checklist for Teachers
AHEAD OF TIME:
1. Call us at 432-426-3224 ext. 220 and schedule your visit. State date and time of arrival, the Activity-Based Educational Program you wish, and total number of students and sponsors (minimum one sponsor per 10 students).
3. Down Load Pre and Post Visit Activities and Worksheets (For more grade specific activities click "Curriculum Materials" on menu bar.)
1. Divide class into small groups at the Fort.
2. Bring hats & sunscreen for warm weather, winter clothes for cold weather.
3. Wear good walking shoes.
4. Water is essential in the desert
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
1. Arrive 15-20 minutes ahead of time to allow for restroom stop and getting organized.
2. Park bus in parking lot, turn off motor, unload students.
3. Head teacher reports to ranger at Visitor Center immediately.
5. Assemble students in their groups at benches in front of Visitor Center.
Did You Know?
Many Fort Davis officers brought their wives and families to the fort, and the women took an active lead in organizing social diversions. Balls, charades, dinner parties, and weddings were frequent and well-attended events.