The park auditorium is undergoing major rehabilitation and can only accommodate 15 persons watching the film at once. We play it every half hour, or on an as needed basis. Completion date; spring 2015. Everything else is open, as usual, at the park.
Field Trip Info
AHEAD OF TIME:
1. Call us at 432-426-3224 ext. 220 and schedule your visit. State date and time of arrival, the Activity-Based Educational Program(On-Site Program) you wish, and total number of students and sponsors (minimum one sponsor per 10 students).
3. Download Pre and Post Visit Activities and Worksheets (For more grade specific activities click "Curriculum Materials" on menu bar.)
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
1. Divide class into small groups at the Fort.
2. Bring hats & sunscreen for warm weather, winter clothes for cold weather.
3. Wear good walking shoes.
4. Water is essential in the desert
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
1. Arrive 15-20 minutes ahead of time to allow for restroom stop and getting organized.
2. Park bus in parking lot, turn off motor, unload students.
3. Head teacher reports to ranger at Visitor Center.
5. Assemble students in their groups at benches in front of Visitor Center.
Did You Know?
Units of the 9th and 10th Cavalry and 24th and 25th Infantry served at Fort Davis from 1867 through 1885. Organized after the Civil War with African American soldiers with white officers, these units compiled a notable record on the Indian frontier.