Field Trip Info
AHEAD OF TIME:
1. Call us at 432-426-3224 ext. 220 and schedule your visit. State date and time of arrival, the Activity-Based Educational Program(On-Site Program) you wish, and total number of students and sponsors (minimum one sponsor per 10 students).
3. Download Pre and Post Visit Activities and Worksheets (For more grade specific activities click "Curriculum Materials" on menu bar.)
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
1. Divide class into small groups at the Fort.
2. Bring hats & sunscreen for warm weather, winter clothes for cold weather.
3. Wear good walking shoes.
4. Water is essential in the desert
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
1. Arrive 15-20 minutes ahead of time to allow for restroom stop and getting organized.
2. Park bus in parking lot, turn off motor, unload students.
3. Head teacher reports to ranger at Visitor Center.
5. Assemble students in their groups at benches in front of Visitor Center.
Did You Know?
After Texas joined the Confederacy, Fort Davis was garrisoned by Companies C and D of the 2d Texas Mounted Rifles. Among the Confederate officers to command Fort Davis in 1861-1862 were Captain William C. Adams and Lieutenants Reuben Mays and William White.