Visitor Center Fall Hours in Effect
The visitor center will be open Fridays to Tuesdays from 8 am to 4 pm from October 11 – November 30, 2014, closed Wednesdays and Thursdays. The ruins areas, hiking trails, and administrative access road are all open during park hours, sunrise to sunset. More »
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the visitor center?
2. Do I have to walk the trail to see the fort?
3. What will I see along the walk?
4. Why was this location chosen for the fort?
5. When did the Chiricahua Apaches surrender?
6. What happened to the Chiricahua Apaches?
7. Where are the Chiricahua Apaches today?
8. When did Fort Bowie close?
Did You Know?
Fort Bowie and Apache Pass were the focal points for U.S. military actions against the Chiricahua Apaches for control of Apache Spring and the region. These adobe walls are what’s left from the first and second posts which stood from 1862 to 1894.