Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument has a very active volunteer program. Our VIP's (Volunteers-in-the-Parks) help support the Monument in a variety of ways. There are five basic positions that are recruited for at the Monument:
- Visitor Services/ Interpreter - provides information and orientation to park visitors; performs book sales in the bookstore; may develop and present ranger programs such as walks, talks, junior ranger programs, school programs, etc.
- Roving Patrol - may patrol by road or on hiking trails to contact visitors, this is not a law enforcement position
- Maintenance - performs a variety of maintenance tasks such as trash collection, cleaning, small projects, etc.
- Trail Crew/ Resource Management - construction or repair of trails, assisting weed management program by mapping, identifying, pulling, cutting, or spraying weeds.
- Librarian/ Information Management - assist the Monument in organizing and maintaining the library, photo collections, and information.
AVAILABILITY OF THESE POSITIONS CHANGES SEASONALLY. PLEASE CONTACT THE VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR FOR MORE INFORMATION.
For more information regarding Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument volunteer program, please contact the Park Volunteer Coordinator at (719) 748 - 3253 or e-mail us.