Other Student Opportunities
The Federal government is comprised of over 300 agencies with jobs for nearly every interest. Many Federal and Nonprofit Agencies have their own website with educational and job opportunities.
Student temporary employment programs as well as other opportunities can be found at USA Student Jobs.
Working for the US Federal Government has benefits that go far beyond those of a private-sector career. What else would you expect from one of the largest organizations in the country?
- Overtime and premium pay, bonuses and incentive awards
- Ten paid holidays a year
- Academic assistance, career training and development
- Annual and sick leave, including family sick leave
- An excellent health benefits package
- A generous 401(k)-type plan
- Telework and alternate work schedules (subject to work area and supervisory permissions)
Government employees may receive additional benefits, such as flexible work schedules, health and fitness clubs memberships, emergency childcare, and tuition assistance, just to name a few.