Illuminating the Point Reyes Light (2013)
The first and third Saturday, June through August 2013 . Times will vary depending on sunset. The program usually begins on the half-hour before sunset.
Experience the Point Reyes Lighthouse at sunset and dusk, as many keepers have over the years. Participate in a unique opportunity to learn more about the Point Reyes Lighthouse. Space is limited on this popular ranger program. Group size is limited to 8 people.
Call 415-669-1534 after 10 am the day of the tour for times and reservations.
- Wear very warm clothes as the weather is often cold and windy.
- Meet at the Lighthouse Visitor Center. Allow 1 hour to travel from the Bear Valley Visitor Center to the Lighthouse Visitor Center.
- Access for the Lighthouse requires a strenuous descent and ascent of 308 steps.
- High winds in excess of 40 mph will result in program cancellation
- Bring a flashlight for the unlit 0.4-mile walk from the Lighthouse back to the parking lot.
Lasts 1 hour.