Enter Fire Island National Seashore's Annual Wildlife Photo Contest
Thank you for your interest in our annual wildlife photo contest. We accept contest entries from Memorial Day to Labor Day each year, and encourage you to share your work year-round on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Entries are accepted via email and must be accompanied by a completed contest entry form.
Photographs must be:
- Digital photographs with a minimum resolution of 3 megapixels and a maximum FILE size of 3.2 MB
- Taken on Fire Island since the close of the previous year's contest
- Relevant to Fire Island wildlife
- Appropriate for posting on a government website
- Submitted with contest entry form
Photographs that include the following will be disqualified:
- Borders or frames
- Watermarks or signatures
- Staged, contrived, or manipulated elements
- Elements that depict harm to wildlife of private property
- Photographers of all ages and levels are welcome to enter the contest
- In the event of an overwhelming response, age and skill categories may be implemented
- An individual may submit only one photograph per contest each year
- Entrants must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted
Awards and Publications
Photographs may be reproduced by the National Park Service for publications including newsletters, brochures, the park webpage, and social media platforms. Photographs may additionally be used in official park press releases.
To Enter the Contest
- Contest entries are accepted each year from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Please send your photograph and completed entry form via email to Elizabeth_Rogers@nps.gov.
- Entry Form