In addition to the Panfilo de Narvaez Expedition of 1528, the Coronado Expedition of 1540, and the Juan Guerra de Resa Expedition of 1600, the following expeditions also had included among their members people of African descent, the:
- Bonilla de Leyva-Antonio Gutierrez de Humana Expedition of 1593 up the Rio Grande;
- Juan de Onate 1598 Expedition to New Mexico which included two soldiers and three female enslaved Africans;
- Don Diego de Vargas Expedition of 1692 which strengthened New Mexico;
- Second Domingo Teran de los Rios Mission to East Texas;
- Founding of the mission of Nuestro Padre San Fransico de los Tejas east of the Neches River, and
- Juan Bautista de Anza Expedition which founded Alta California.
This is, by no means, a complete list (Taylor 1998:28).