• Mission San Jose

    El Camino Real de los Tejas

    National Historic Trail TX,LA

Challenge Cost Share

Challenge Cost Share is a program offering federal funding, to be matched 50/50 for preservation and interpretation/education projects along the El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail.

Program Note/Schedule

The Challenge Cost Share Program (CCSP) for fiscal year (FY) 2015 (October 1, 2014 - September 30, 2015) is now closed.

Please return after October 1, 2014, for information regarding the FY 16 Challenge Cost Share Program.

Contact our office to discuss your project prior to submitting your proposal. Please phone (505) 988-6717 or e-mail us.

Information and Proposal Form

General information is provided in About Challenge Cost Share (62.4 KB pdf)

To apply for project funding, complete the Challenge Cost Share Proposal Form (147 KB pdf) Challenge Cost Share Proposal Form (26.8 KB Word)

To track volunteer hours and expenses, complete the Volunteer Time and Expense Log (44.3 KB pdf) Volunteer Time and Expense Log (15.4 KB Word)

Archeology and Historic Preservation Proposals

If you are proposing an archeology or historic preservation, restoration, or rehabilitation project, please look at this additional guidance. (55.3 KB pdf)

Additional Information for Completing Your Proposal's Budget

Challenge Cost Share Program recipients who spend federal dollars must do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. It is your responsibility to understand and abide by these rules. The links below provide some guidance regarding federal regulation and developing your proposal's budget.

Links for Non-Profit Organizations

Cost Principles for Non-Profit (Circular A-122)

Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements With Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations (Circular A-110)

Links for State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments

Cost Principles for State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments (Circular A-87)

Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements with State and Local Governments (Circular A-102)

Next Steps

If your project is approved, you and your organizational representative will be asked to sign a Cooperative Agreement with the National Park Service. The agreement states the terms of the partnership and legally authorizes the NPS to reimburse you for your allowable expenses.

Once the Cooperative Agreement has been signed, you may begin your project.

If your organization not have a DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) number, you must obtain one.

To learn more about DUNS numbers - How to Obtain a DUNS number (22.8 KB pdf)

Register for a DUNS number on-line at D-U-N-S Request Service for Government Contractors and Grantees

Register for a DUNS number by phone at (866) 705-5711

Register your DUNS and Tax ID numbers with the Central Contractor's On-line Registry - Central Contractor's Registration

For registration assistance, call (888) 227-2423

Requesting Reimbursement for Expenses

The National Park Service can only pay reimbursements for your project expenses. No advances to a project will be authorized.

To request reimbursements, complete the Request for Reimbursement (Standard Form 270) (164 KB pdf)

Completing Your Project

When your project is completed and/or your funding is spent, you will be asked to complete a Project Completion form (274 KB pdf) that closes the project.

Did You Know?