Certified Sites on El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro NHT
The owners or managers of these historic sites and interpretive facilities are certified partners with the National Park Service on El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro National Historic Trail (north to south).
(updated August 29, 2011)
Palace of the Governors: at 105 West Palace Avenue, on the north side of the Santa Fe Plaza
Spanish Colonial Arts Museum: 750 Camino Lejo, Santa Fe (at Museum Hill)
El Rancho de las Golondrinas: at 334 Los Pinos Road, La Cienega
Camino Real Site: in the La Cienega area, southwest of Santa Fe. The specific location is restricted.
Coronado State Monument: at 485 Kuaua Road, Bernalillo
Casa San Ysidro, The Gutiérrez-Minge House: at 973 Old Church Road, Corrales
Albuquerque Museum of Art and History: at 2000 Mountain Road NW (corner of 19th Street), Albuquerque
Estancia de los Jaramillo: 1305 Blake Road, SW, Albuquerque
Gutierrez-Hubbell House: at 6029 Isleta Boulevard SW, Albuquerque
Tomé Hill: (El Cerro de Tomé) is approximately five miles southeast of Los Lunas. A portion of the hill is protected in Tomé Hill Park, at the corner of Tomé Hill Road (Rio del Oro Loop North) and La Entrada Road.
El Camino Real International Heritage Center: approximately 30 miles south of Socorro and 35 miles north of Truth or Consequences. To reach the site, take Interstate 25 to Exit 115 and head five miles east.
Fort Selden State Monument: in Radium Springs, 13 miles north of Las Cruces
Antonio Store: at 5285 Cristo Rey, Doña Ana
Barncastle House, John M. and John D.: at 5492 Cristo Rey, Doña Ana
New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum: 4100 Dripping Springs Road, Las Cruces
Mesilla Plaza: in Central Mesilla, bounded by Calle Principal, Calle de Guadalupe, Calle de Santiago, and Calle de Parian
Keystone Heritage Park: at 4200 Doniphan Drive, El Paso
City of El Paso Museum of History: at 510 N. Santa Fe Street (at W. Franklin Avenue), El Paso
Ysleta Mission Church: at 131 S. Zaragoza Road, El Paso
La Purisima Socorro Mission: at 328 S. Nevarez Road, Socorro
Casa Ortiz: at 10167 Socorro Road, Socorro
Los Portales (Casa Garcia): at 1587 San Elizario Road, San Elizario (adjacent to San Elceario Catholic Church)
San Elceario Catholic Church: at 1556 San Elizario Road, San Elizario
Did You Know?
Throughout the 17th century, Santa Fe was the only incorporated Spanish town north of Chihuahua. Soon after its establishment in 1610, Santa Fe became the terminus for trade caravans from Mexico City, which traveled on El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro for 1,500 miles.