||Language Arts and Science
||2 - 3
||The student will be able to complete a K-W-L chart about their experiences at the Effigy Mounds National Monument
||K-W-L Chart pencil paper
||Woodland Culture burial mounds effigy cemetery
- Present information about the Effigy Mounds National Monument. See Background Information and previsit activities.
- Give the students a copy of the K-W-L CHART
- Have them fill out the first two columns (What I Know and What I Want to Know). This could be done individually or in small groups
- As a class, discuss their "What I Want to Know" questions to give others new ideas for questions.
- Tell them they are responsible for finding the answers to their questions on the field trip. Tell them to ask the Park Ranger their questions.
- When they return from the trip, hand back their charts and have them fill in the last column "What I Learned."