- Tell the students to imagine their favorite area at Effigy Mounds National Monument. Tell them to remember what it looked like - the colors, the sounds, the trees, the plants, any wildlife etc.
- Tell the students that they will be drawing their favorite area - what it looked like from their memory - in the first box on their paper. Tell them to include as many details as they can remember.
- Allow them a predetermined amount of time to draw in the first box on their sheet.
- Have the students label their picture for the season that they took their field trip. (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer)
- Tell the students that in the other 3 boxes they are going to draw the same spot, but in the other 3 seasons of the year. Let them know they are expected to show how the area they have chosen changes through the different seasons of the year - the colors, the plant and animal life etc.
- Allow them time to work and share their favorite areas through all the seasons of the year.